Coaches Summer Information Letter 2015
Creekwood Athletics Summer Information
Important dates and information for the Fall 2015 Athletic Year
**Physicals - boys and girls turn in a completed HISD physical to a coach prior to the first day of school,
August 24, 2015. We will be accepting physicals at Colt Round Up on Wednesday, August 19th from 12:00 pm to
5:00 pm. We will also accept physicals on August 20th when we hand out football equipment.
Attention – Boys who are going to play football – A physical must be turned in before they can be
issued football equipment. Football equipment handout is Thursday August 20th . NO EXCEPTIONS.
Athletic Uniforms – Boys and Girls Athletic Uniforms will be sold at Colt Roundup on August 19, 2014 from 12:00 pm
to 5:00 pm. The cost is $20. All students in Athletics must have a uniform. PE uniforms are for Physical Education
1. Thursday, August 20th – 7th and 8th grade football equipment checkout
8:00 – 11:00 a.m.
1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- The line may move slowly because it takes time to properly fit a helmet and shoulder pads. We will not rush equipment fittings.
- Monday, August 24th – First day of School.
- 7th grade Football will practice from 7:15 - 8:15 a.m.
- 8th grade Football will practice from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Helmets – HISD has changed it’s policy on helmets for Middle Schools. Our helmets meet every NOCSAE standard for safety. IF you are using your own helmet, then we will need the following:
- A doctor’s note (preferred) AND
- An email or personal note stating you release the district from any and all liability from any injury sustained while using the helmet.
- The helmet must be white and have the same dark green facemask that we use.
- Release of liability must be sent to the Campus Coordinator, Coach Hinson, and will be kept on file at the school level.
1. Monday, August 24th - First day of School. 8th grade volleyball try-outs will be until 5:00 p.m.
2. Tuesday, August 25th – 7th grade volleyball try-outs will begin at 7:15 a.m. and 8th grade volleyball will practice until 5:00 p.m.
**Paperwork NEEDED for all Athletes:
- Physical booklet – These can be found in the coaches’ office.
- Emergency Card
- Acknowledgement of Rules (Humble ISD Athletic Policies)
All athletes will be furnished with a locker for valuables and other items that need to be locked up during practice. The athletes will need to furnish a combination lock for the locker. CMS is not responsible for items placed in lockers without a lock or left on the benches.
The Athletic Department hopes you have a good summer vacation. Please remember to stay active over the summer so you will be ready for August practices. There are a lot of camps and summer activities held in our community and at the high school. We hope you have a great summer!
Click here if you would like to print a copy of this letter.
Athletic Coordinator Assoc. Athletic Coordinator