Important Information - Boys
All 2014-2015 Athletic Families must complete online registration for Creekwood Athletic Booster Club (CABC) by Aug 25th. ** Click here for online CABC registration instructions.**
Our primary means of communicating to athletic families will be through emails. IF you want
to receive important team, game, schedule and event information from us, you need to register
online with this CABC website and be sure to provide your email IDs. IF you want to receive
time sensitive communications via text (i.e. track meets canceled due to weather), be sure to
also provide your cell phone number (note: standard texting rates apply).
Important 2014-2015 football information will be sent out this summer to all 7th and 8th grade
boy athletes registered on this CABC website.
**Physicals – All boys and girls must turn in a completed HISD physical to a coach prior to the first day of school, August 25, 2014. We will be accepting physicals at Colt Camp on Tuesday, August 19th from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm. We will also accept physicals on August 21st when we hand out football equipment.
Attention – Boys who are going to play football – A physical must be turned in before they can be issued football equipment. Football equipment handout is Thursday August 21st . NO EXCEPTIONS.
Athletic Uniforms – Boys and Girls Athletic Uniforms will be sold at Colt Roundup on August 19, 2014 from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm. The cost is $20. All students in Athletics must have a uniform. PE uniforms are for Physical Education classes only.
1. Thursday, August 21st – 7th and 8th grade football equipment checkout
8:00 – 11:00 a.m.
1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- The line may move slowly because it takes time to properly fit a helmet and shoulder pads. We will not rush equipment fittings.
- Monday, August 25th – First day of School.
- 7th grade Football will practice from 7:15 - 8:15 a.m.
- 8th grade Football will practice from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Helmets – HISD has changed it’s policy on helmets for Middle Schools. Our helmets meet every NOCSAE standard for safety. IF you are using your own helmet, then we will need the following:
- A doctor’s note (preferred) AND
- An email or personal note stating you release the district from any and all liability from any injury sustained while using the helmet.
- The helmet must be white and have the same dark green facemask that we use.
- Release of liability must be sent to the Campus Coordinator, Coach Hinson, and will be kept on file at the school level.
All athletes will be furnished with a locker for valuables and other items that need to be locked up during practice. The athletes will need to furnish a combination lock for the locker. CMS is not responsible for items placed in lockers without a lock or left on the benches.
The Athletic Department hopes you have a good summer vacation. Please remember to stay active over the summer so you will be ready for August practices. There are a lot of camps and summer activities held in our community and at the high school. We hope you have a great summer!